Saturday, March 12, 2005

WUI

I just completed my second full year at Waseda University International. I plan to sign on for a third year in the near future. We had our end-of-the-academic-year party last night, and all of the full-time staff headed to Yokohama for some sightseeing and a nice, 11-course, Chinese, all-you-can-eat/drink bonanza in Chinatown.

The final stop on the tour was Landmark Tower in downtown Yokohama. We took the express elevators to the 69th floor (it's the tallest building in Japan), but the view was literally nonexistent. The fog and mist effectively erased the famous nighttime views! We all circled our way around to the bar, and had a beer on the management as a consolation prize.

Despite the rain and mud, it seemed like everyone had a lot of fun. I didn't have my camera with me, so I don't have any photos to post, but I noticed a lot of smiles from the teachers who tend to keep to themselves. There were a lot of people there--close to 70 I believe. Another 40-some-odd instructors are signing on this April, so I'm sure that we're in for some madness this year!


Share/Save/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus