Thursday, January 26, 2006

Bobby Ologun Got Mad!

Bobby Ologun, for those of you who don't pay attention to K-1 or Japanese TV, is a pretty well-known celebrity in Japan. He's definitely at the top of the list for foreign-born talent anyway.

He must have been pretty angry today! See, the agency he works for happens to be in the same building as the one I work for. At about 3pm he got into a pretty big argument with the management over there, and either broke some stuff, or tossed his boss across the room...I don't know. I wasn't in the building at the time, but I arrived a little bit later. The media, of course, was there nearly as quickly as the cops (how does that always happen here?). They had the entire front of the building blocked off.

I was there to do some narration work. I thought they were filming a TV show in the street there were that many cameras and lights. Nope, just reporters and cameramen. I was quizzed by a couple reporters on the way in, and then again on my way back out. "Hey, there's a foreigner! He probably knows something!" They were gagging for some insider knowledge!

In retrospect, I'm glad that I kept my trap shut. I'm not a big fan of the agency that Bobby is employed by (poor guy!), but I definitely could have hurt my career by letting loose with some of the things I know about them. However, I will say, and this is just speculation, that the agency probably decided not to pay him what they had promised to.

I'm sure it will be in the papers tomorrow. I guess they got tired of tracking Horie's every movement, so...Bobby, look out!


Share/Save/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus