Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!

I've been sleeping late, and drinking a little too consistently these past two weeks. I'm looking forward to a time when I find motivation to get back in the gym.

One of my old friends from when I was teaching in Korea is now living here. He showed up unannounced, and promptly screwed himself into an over-priced existence in eastern Tokyo. It's now my goal to try to get him resituated. First step: a cell phone.

I rang in the new year with a big win on the slot machines. I hope that is indicative of fortunes yet to come, but I'm not going to start holding my breath.

Other than that, precious little is happening. The Canon commercial that I did in November is airing relentlessly, but thankfully most people are slow to recognize me. Must be the glasses. I've got a shoot on Friday for a wedding hall in Daikanyama, but that's not really big news. Just pays the utilities for the month.

Only six more days of work to go this month. Then it's four months off while I concentrate on the MA that I'm starting with the University of London. It seems like there will be plenty to keep me busy before the spring term (Waseda) starts up again in May.

I'm freezing my fingers off, so I'm going to go take a shower now.


Share/Save/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus