Sunday, January 14, 2007

Update on Adsense

I don't get a whole lot of traffic here, and that's totally fine by me. However, that sort of shot my whole "Adsense Experiment" idea in the foot.

After about a year with Adsense plugged into my blog, I have earned precisely one penny. That's right, I can buy one swedish fish now with my earnings.

Would more traffic equal greater returns? I'm willing to guess that the answer is no. The ads that show up on my blog are rarely related to anything that I've posted about. In fact, it is common for the ads that pop up to be in direct disagreement with what I've written or linked to.

Before too long I will disect my template settings and get the adsense code out of there. In the meantime, however, I've minimized the size of the ad space so that it doesn't take up so much space.


Share/Save/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus