Saturday, February 10, 2007

Caffeine


Wow, I drink a lot of coffee these days.

"Coffee consumption at the Pellegrini household is up 900% since they got one of those Thermos coffee maker thingies."

I'm operating on about three or four cups a day right now, and that would tag me as an average human. But it's a bit startling to see how quickly we go through a one pound bag of ground beans!

According to research, I'm now at a lower risk for Parkinson's disease and diabetes. However, the results for colon cancer are a bit mixed (see here and here). I tend to side with those who argue that too much of anything is bad for you.

For the record, I shop at Doutor because their beans are five times better than the junk they bag at Starbucks.


Share/Save/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus