Thursday, February 04, 2010

I'm just the translator, so I don't pull a commission on this


A couple of close friends will be headed out this way in a couple of months, and of couse that thrust my mind into tour guide mode.


What are we going to do for fun? Where are we going to eat? Who are we going to hang out with? Day trips?

And then I remembered that a little language ability can go a long way for travelers in these here parts. Then I remembered that I translated a Japanese phrasebook for novices last year called, Konnichiwa, Nihongo! (basically: Hello, Japanese!).
It's mostly aimed at anyone who has just arrived and is planning to stay for a bit (ie. they have a work visa), so it's only available on the Japanese version of Amazon at this point. However, I'd venture to say that it would be very helpful for anyone staying in Japan for more than a couple of days.
Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone planning a trip to Japan.
*Embarrassing note: they must have run out of space because they forgot the last 'i' on my surname (you can see for yourself if you flip through the pages (virtually) at the Amazon link above).


Share/Save/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus